Selling a house in Queensland Make sure you have a current Pool Safety Certificate.

Selling a house in Queensland? Make sure you have a current Pool Safety Certificate.

If you are selling a Gold Coast home these days with a pool then you are going to need to guarantee that you are compliant with the current laws around Queensland pool safety standards. That is because if you have a pool on the Gold Coast then you will need to supply the buyer with a swimming pool safety certificate before settlement.
So where can you obtain a certificate ?
You can get a pool safety certificate from a professional queenland pool safety inspector. At Absolut Custom Glass we tend to recommend speaking with any of the following inspectors:
Andrew at Coastline Certification,.
Grant at ABC pool Fence Inspections
and Frank at Delf Industry Building certification
Costs vary, so speak to a few different people. Once they complete an inspection they will provide you with the safety certificate, or they will let you know of any changes that need to be made. If the issues are with a recently built pool fence then we would advise you get in touch with the pool fence installer and have them deal with the issues– they really should do this at no charge because they obviously didn’t do the job carefully to begin with.
Gold Coast Pool Fence Safety Certificate exemptions:.
Right now there are 2 ways to avoid having to get a pool safety certificate when selling a house: get the prospective buyers to accept notice, or have only just recently installed the pool.
If you do not have a pool safety certificate you can have the purchaser sign a Notice of No Pool Safety Certificate– Form 36 which must then be signed by both parties and submitted with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission The buyer will then have 90 days from settlement for them to have a pool safety inspection and get a current pool safety certificate. In this scenario, unless the house sale contract states otherwise, the buyer will be accountable for the costs of the inspection.
The other way to not need a certificate is if your pool had been built within the last two years. If that is the situation then you can make use of a final inspection certificate of a ‘certificate of classification’ which the builder would certainly have issued you with. Please note though, if the pool is a communal pool– ie, one for a body corporate or that a number of properties have access too– then the exemption is only for 1 year.
If you follow these suggestions for pool fence safety certificates then you should have no problem with the new laws when selling your Gold Coast home with a pool. If you would like to speak with a professional about your pool or pool fencing troubles, then feel free to talk to Absolut on 1300 937 902 We are always happy to talk about pool fences.

Leave a Comment

Scroll to Top